Be prepared for the winter by carrying a set of AutoSock in your vehicles. In summary:
- fitting them is easy, before or after a vehicle gets stuck
- fitting them requires no practice and no special training
- they weigh less than 1kg and, being about the size of a folder shirt, take up minimal space in the cab
- they’re reusable until they become too worn – we will provide guidance on this. They can be used on tarmac for short periods (at slow speeds) until it’s safe to stop and remove them
- they may be used with all electronic systems
- they are TÜV approved and have full product liability insurance
- they are made by AutoSock AS, a Norwegian company who invented and developed the vehicle snow sock concept, AutoSock AS owns the relevant patents
- they always work!
AutoSock were launched in Norway in 2002 after a long period of testing, evaluation and improvement. Sales have grown exponentially, with over 330,000 pairs sold around Europe last winter, mostly on recommendation. When you’ve had the opportunity to test them for real you’ll soon realise why. Most people are not only surprised but astonished at the difference they make to general traction, cornering, and braking.
“This cheap alternative to snowchains or to winter tyres is staggeringly easy to fit… I used them while driving in the French Alps last week and can confirm they are absolutely superb.” (Nat Barnes, AA Motoring Writer of the Year)
They’re also now approved by many car manufacturers, including BMW, Fiat, PSA Peugeot Citroën, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, and VW.
The bottom line is that AutoSock will provide a massive boost in all round confidence when driving on ice and snow, and hopefully “Get you home” or to wherever you’re going, but don’t overcook it, i.e. you should always drive with particular care in wintry conditions.
Each set contains:
- one pair of AutoSock
- a pair of elbow length gloves to protect your sleeves from e.g. wet and dirty car bodywork
Full instructions are shown on each bag which is also designed for easy and clean carrying of dirty AutoSock once you’ve taken them off the wheels (pull them off with the orange straps).
There’s only one possible way to fit AutoSock, and no practice is required.
Please note that AutoSock will wear out with use, and that worn out AutoSock is not a guarantee issue! They’ll get you moving and keep you moving – see the “Driving with AutoSock” page (one of the tabs above) for more information.
Please test them at the first good opportunity, and then pass the word!